Home



This is the old website! The new address for the Bethany Lutheran Church in Ephraim is bethanyephraim.org Please add this to your bookmarks!
































Recent News

  • Roster List For The 2014 Season Is Up! Please check out the Roster for a list of the Pastors that will be coming this season. You can view it by clicking the Roster For 2014 Season on the ...
    Posted Apr 10, 2014, 5:24 AM by trevor chase
  • New Roof and Communion Wafers Check out the picture of the new roof for the Parsonage!!  It was completed in one day last Thursday the 17th.  Thanks to all of you who prayed for and ...
    Posted Oct 24, 2013, 10:20 AM by trevor chase
  • Final Service of 2013 Season Don't forget to join us online for the final service of the 2013 season! To view the service click here on Sunday October 13th. For archives of this years ...
    Posted Oct 12, 2013, 8:37 AM by trevor chase
  • Baptism At Bethany Bethany continues to be a vibrant congregation and this Sunday we celebrated the sacrament of Baptism.  We welcomed Linnea Mooney to be a part of our ministry, she is the ...
    Posted Sep 22, 2013, 4:14 PM by trevor chase
  • Inaugural Online Streaming Service: Our first service that broadcasted all over the world online, was a huge success! We had over 20 viewers, and hope to continue to grow that number in the coming ...
    Posted Jul 28, 2013, 9:01 AM by trevor chase
Showing posts 1 - 5 of 5. View more »


Bethany Lutheran Church
3028 Church Street 
(Hwy Q at Moravia St.)
PO Box 707
Ephraim, WI 54211-0707
Parsonage: (920) 854-4065
www.bethanylutheranephraim.org

Traditional Lutheran worship services with open Communion are scheduled for 9:30 AM Sundays from May 26th through October 13th, 2013. 

Bethany Lutheran Church invites all to worship and  experience its seasonal ministry of guest pastors.

2013 is Bethany's 131st year of continuous service.
                
                Bethany's Mission

Bethany Lutheran Church was organized in 1882 to provide an opportunity for Lutherans in the area to gather in worship and to serve their Lord. It was the intention of the founders to provide a place where the Word of God would be proclaimed and the Sacraments would be administered, a place for prayer and mutual encouragement in the Christian life. This congregation continues to serve the community with a seasonal ministry and to preserve the heritage of our church in a manner that honors our history and traditions through a partnership with the Ephraim Historical Foundation.

 Sixteen regular pastors served the church from 1882 until 1966. At that time the congregation had diminished in size and was taking on a new form and purpose. The church no longer had a full time pastor. Services began and continue to be held from Memorial Day Weekend in May through mid-October. A number of Pastors serve the church one or more Sundays during each season.

 Bethany Lutheran Church exists to provide an evangelical place of worship and fellowship where the Word of God is proclaimed and the Sacraments are administered for members and guests throughout the extended summer season. In so doing, it provides an ecumenical ministry to the community where all are welcome.

 From the time the church was founded under the lay leadership of Peter Peterson, Thomas Goodletson, H. A. Anderson, Edward Hanson, Morton Olson, Henry Olson and Simon Evenson through to the present, lay men and women in the congregation, guided by the Holy Spirit, have continued to provide inspiration and direction. In addition, the church building, constructed in 1882 and the parsonage, constructed in 1872 and, acquired in 1883, have become important historic religious symbols and cherished familiar landmarks to the surrounding community.  They are both included on the National Register of Historic Buildings.

 It is our mission  to maintain a solid foundation for: a) Bethany Lutheran Church as a viable seasonal ministry and b) the preservation of the church building, the parsonage and the cemetery as historic structures and locations that will continue to symbolize our faith, serve the community and perpetuate the religious heritage of Ephraim, Wisconsin

Bethany Parsonage, constructed in 1872 and thoroughly modernized in 2010.



































                                                  Photo courtesy of Ephraim Historical Foundation

Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set. Prov. 22:28
 

                               Bethany in Perpetuity

On June 19th 2011 the Congregation of Bethany Lutheran Church transferred the titles to all three of the church properties, at no cost, to the Ephraim Historical Foundation, www.ephraim.org.. In return, the Foundation has granted the Congregation a perpetual easement for the exclusive use of the properties as long as the Congregation is active. At present the Congregation continues to grow with over eighty five members. It is financially sound, debt free and well able to maintain and continue to upgrade the properties. This acquisition adds no financial burden to the Foundation which owns the properties strictly as a matter of historic preservation. The Foundation will have no ongoing involvement in the religious activities of the Congregation.

Although the Bethany Congregation is currently strong and growing, it is difficult to predict the future, especially in “historic” terms. As a result, it is prudent to establish a heritage fund with the resources necessary to properly maintain the properties were the congregation to become inactive. The goal is to raise $500,000. The fund is strictly for the preservation of the properties and will be administered by representatives of the Foundation and the Congregation.

 This joint undertaking needs everyone’s support. Please consider contributing to this important project designated as the Bethany Heritage Endowment Fund. Donations should be forwarded to the address listed above. Only with your help will we be able to guarantee that future generations will appreciate the treasures of the past.                                        

On January 25,1889 one acre of land was purchased for a cemetery just west of the north entrance to Peninsula State park.